Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Compassion and Anger

Some people may think I'm foolish for having compassion for all sentient beings, which is their choice, but I feel if everyone would rid themselves from the coldness they feel for others, there wouldn't be the war there is today.

Then there are those who may think I never get angry, well, let me just say, there are plenty of times I get angry, as a matter a fact, I may be one of the angriest people there is, but when I recognize the anger, I realize it's like a paradox, seeing it's not who I truly am.

10 comments:

  1. Right now, I am very angry with what is happening to my wonderful country. It is hard not to be. My passion, though, is not good for my health and I am trying to control it and divert my thoughts. Meditation helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are also human Lon and feel various emotions as we all do.
    Meditation , diverting our thoughts, help us to deal with day to day living.

    A good post to think about...thank you~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you . . . Jan, for sharing what you did.

      Delete
  3. knitting is my calming tool. that and a glass of wine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sounds good Anne, whatever works, I believe is what one should do.

      Delete
  4. Lon, you always seem to say what I need to hear. Thank you.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Quite true, my friend. We all need our "happy place/space" from time to time. Jan is right, we are only human after all and we have our good days and our bad days I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed . . . Kim my friend, I thank you for sharing.

      Delete