Thursday, December 8, 2016

Peaceful Gathering

Many years ago I was invited to sit in to listen to an elderly Buddhist give a talk in a small worn out looking house.  There were no chairs to sit on; about ten of us were just sitting on an old carpeted living room floor.  When entering that house a woman greeted me with a hot cup of tea and told me I could join the others in the other room, which of course was that living room.  When the elderly Asian man started giving his speech there was an Asian woman translating what he was saying into English, which I really liked seeing I wouldn't have been able to understand what he was saying but, even if there wouldn't have been that translator I believe I would have still felt the peace I felt that evening, seeing it was flooding all around me.

The message that that elderly Buddhist said that truly stood out to me was when he said something like, "We as Buddhists don't condemn others for what they've chosen to believe when it comes to religion, their spiritual beliefs, or try to convert them over to our beliefs, we show love and compassion for all sentient beings."

When I left from there that night that peaceful energy that was flooding all around me, left with me, which was with me for days on end.

8 comments:

  1. Love and compassion are ALWAYS welcome. And sometimes in short supply.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do not understand this world of meanness and hate when love and compassion are so much more rewarding.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love and peace have a way of comforting the soul of the living...you have this wonderful memory to renew your peace when needed, Lon ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so true, Jan, but my true happiness can only come in this moment I'm in.

      Delete
  4. Oh if only that wonderful sense of love and compassion could spread throughout the entire World...imagine how amazing the would be.
    I am so thankful that there are people like you in this world who are helping that precious dream to come true.
    Thank you, Lon...with all my heart.:))

    Have a Brilliant Weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well . . . Ygraine, I thank you as well, for I believe we're all interconnected.

      Delete