Friday, December 16, 2016

In the Line of Fire

Lately I've been around somebody that keeps lashing out at others verbally in an uncouth derogatory way, which is very unsettling.  The thing is it's only unsettling to the listener if they allow it to be, which is something I've been sucked into, like so many others who have come into contact with this, somebody.

But after analyzing this somebody's situation at hand, I'm learning to no longer be this somebody's bait, for I've come to realize that this somebody gets their strength . . . so they think . . . by feeding off of others by trying to belittle them making this somebody feel stronger.  Therefore, I've learned to have compassion for this somebody, because it's obvious, this somebody's hurting inside, which may very well be the cause for this somebody to be lashing out the way this somebody is.

Even though my heart goes out to this somebody, this doesn't necessarily mean I'm always going to be feeding their pain by outwardly showing this somebody the recognition their looking for, seeing I believe this might only intensify the false pride they're in, but even so, my heart will always be there for this somebody.

10 comments:

  1. I like your compassion for this person - and I also like that you are showing compassion for yourself in acknowledging that if might be better for you to step away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Elephant's Child, stepping away is something I feel I had to do not only for that person, but for myself as well, but not in a way that my heart will ever stop having compassion for this somebody, or anyone else that's experiencing such pain, seeing I feel I'm no better than anyone else, and that we're all interconnected.

      Delete
  2. I know, if it were possible, I would avoid contact with that person. Their need to be cruel is something I do not understand and the damage being inflicted hurts my heart. You, looking inside to see the person, and having compassion for what must be a fellow in pain himself, is admirable. However, that negative energy is hard to be around.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so right, Arleen, but by my being around this somebody, it has certainly been teaching me things about such people, including myself on how I'm going to outwardly act, besides the emotions I have within myself, where before I would have felt anger inside, instead of the compassion I feel now.

      Delete
  3. Oh Lon, I am learning so much from you...when in the company of someone like this, I find it really hard to avoid being dragged down to their level of trading insults.
    But it really doesn't have to be that way, does it?
    In future, if someone else's words hurt me, I will try my hardest to feel only compassion for that person...and will curb the instinct that prompts me to lash out...
    Thank you for this valuable lesson, my Friend...so much!

    Wishing You a Magical Weekend!

    Warmest Blessings :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Ygraine, thank you, I'm so glad if I'm of any help, you're also a help to me my friend.

      I wish you much peace and happiness this weekend and within every moment you're in.

      Delete
  4. You Have been kind in trying to give this person positive, emotional feedback, Lon...but you can only do so much and must consider your own energy,too. This is not being selfish...it is for your own good. Even a battery that keeps things running smoothly can lose its power after awhile~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jan my friend, for your heart of kindness on my behalf, I believe it's getting close for me to doze, but hopefully even in my dreams I'll carry on having compassion for all.

      Delete
  5. see? I told you I would drop in. I look forward to getting to know more about you.

    and you live in MSP - home of my beloved "mystery science theater 300"! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Anne for stopping by, it's nice meeting you my friend, if you'd like to know more about me you can read more of my posts or the about me section in the bar under my header.

      Delete